Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hockey and Basketball Playoffs to begin soon


Well, we have reached the Sweet 16, two of the four regions are totally done for in my brackets, however I still have Kentucky winning. I can honestly say, I have no idea what is going to happen in the next couple of rounds. Ohio State looks like they are the team to beat - which of course the one year I don't have them going very far they tell me so, Michigan State had it good until their leading scorer dismantled his achilles, Cornell is still a part of this madness, but I'm sticking to my guts and I still have Kentucky winning. I just hate that I have to wait four days until the next round.

So with that in mind, my attention is turned towards the last leg of hockey and basketball regular season. With the Lakers, my main concern is that we do not finish with the best record in the NBA. We are 3 1/2 games back from the Cavs with about a month left of the season which if I may add, most of the games are away. Luckily, the almost Bynum Catastrophe panned out to be just a strain.

With the Kings, I'm not going to worry about our overall record because it's simply not attainable. What my biggest concern is that we don't completely blow it and just slide of the playoff race. I was lucky enough to attend last nights game against the Colorado Avalanche. When there was six seconds left in the game and the Avalanche tied it up my friend leans over to me and states 'oh by the way, I have yet to go to a game this season where it doesn't go into overtime."

Luckily, Colorado was stupid enough to get a penalty in the final minutes of overtime and the Kings scored about thirty seconds into the start of the penalty. Game Over. The Kings have the number five spot and I'm ok with where we are at right now. Opening round of the playoffs would be against the Sharks. Well, maybe I'm not very content with our standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment