Friday, July 24, 2009

And now to talk about my baby....sort of


College football is great, so is baseball and basketball, but the NFL is what puts me on the map. It was the first sport I ever officially bet on - which means my favorite sport to watch. And as a Raider season ticket holder, some of my favorite days of the year is when I head to a Raider game.

I wake up first thing Sunday morning and head to Burbank airport. We start tailgating at the airport then play a game of who can drink the most bloody mary's in an hours flight - the Southwest flight attendants are our number one fans. I mean why not? We have a designated flyer/driver. Upon arriving in Oakland we take a five minute cab ride to the Oakland Coliseum with just enough time to walk through the parking lot and have a glance at all scary masked Raider fans. We head into the game around 20 minutes prior bc the security is a bit insane but at the same time I need to hear the RAAAAAIIIIDDDDEEEERRRRS echo through the tunnel. Moments later I hear the bells and I'm pumped. I wish it ended there for myself and the Raiders but unfortunately I have to watch the Raiders offense get a game total of 70 yards and the defense once again play their little hearts out. I have a feeling this is whats going to happen this year but somebody, please prove me wrong.

Outside of the Raider's mess there are a few issues that must be discussed before I make my picks for the year:

1) Sorry to have to go back to Ben but I watched his press conference and think this is going to be a long haul for the Steelers QB. I had the Steelers as my safe Superbowl bet for the season because they have the easiest schedule in the NFL and practically the same team as last year. Now, I don't know. Per that press conference I'm 100% convinced he had sex with that woman, and much like Kobe Bryant's rape case, this is not going to go away anytime soon. This case is going to court and this girl is going to get paid. And I don't know if Ben has the heart to take care of something like this in between each of his games. Don't know.

2) Who the hell wants Vick on their team? From what it's sounding like, he's going to get a four game suspension (please don't ask me how they came to that) and then he is just going to have to wait until a team picks him up. Who is that going to be? Probably a team as fucked up as the Raiders. If not them, I don't know. Michael Vick sure did pay for his mistake, he needs money, so he wants to play football. I get it. But what's not to say he isn't going to do something wrongful again? Maybe Jerry Jones will put faith in him.

3) Brett is going to play football next year so get used to it. I mean think about it this way. You love playing football, you're getting paid 10 million dollars to play football, and from what it sounds like you're healthy enough and can throw a football. What the hell is so complicated about this? Football is what Brett loves to do. If a team wants him to play football for them and he is ready then what is so difficult about this equation?

More normal football talks to be continued next week. I need to do a bit more research because Ben couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment