Monday, July 27, 2009

Schmidt being Schmidt


Like every other Dodger fan, I wished that Jason would have come out Sunday ready to pick up sort of where he left off. He didn't. He gave up three runs in the 1st inning - again, yanked in the beginning of the 4th inning (at that time the Dodgers were losing 5-0), and the Dodgers dropped 2 of 3 to the Marlins. Well, there were a lot of little things that happened in between all those three points but those were the three things that stood out to me. I mean there were a few guys getting beamed by pitches but nothing came out of it really and the Dodgers were still losing. Was is me or were Schmidt's pitches moving in slow motion? This doesn't make me feel very comfy as the Dodgers are headed on a 7 game road trip first to St Louis and then to Atlanta. Oh and if it wasn't bad enough, they are going to be nationally televised this evening. Now the rest of the US is going to be able to see what the team with the best record in the majors actually looks like (notice I didn't say best team in baseball).

On another note, I did a whole lot of relaxing this weekend by the pool. My mom was out of town so I took over her most awesome house with a pool. As amazing and needed as it was, there was something missing - football. I don't know, maybe it was because I was watching the Dodgers lose by 8 runs at one point. Or maybe it was this Nascar race at Brickyard. Don't you think Jimmy Johnson is sick of winning? It was just a pitiful weekend for me as far as sports go but that is what you get when you're right smack in the middle of summer. Good news is that college starts in a little over two months, professional files in a week after that, and from now until then I will be on a bunch of vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment