Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Don't watch the Dodger Games


This is what happens when I don't watch the Dodger game. With two 2 outs, top of the 8th, man on first, down 4-1, and 5 double plays to count for, they rally to take a 5-4 lead. I was at dinner celebrating my hubby's birthday and checked the score when they were down 4-1 and the Rockies had already won their game. I thought 'great, 2.5 games back now' because the second from last place team in our division is man-handling us.

Thank god for Pierre's speed he was able to avoid a 6th double play and it was the start of a 4 run rally with the help of Ethier, Furcal, Kemp and Belliard. This was our first back to back win in a week. Fantastic! This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing we will barely finish first and start off the playoffs by playing the Cardinals. With the way we have been playing since all star break, I have all the faith in the world that the Cardinals will get their brooms out for us.

On another note, I am trying to make my pick for the superbowl this year and having a very difficult time. It's between Pitts, SD, NE, and Philly. As stated before, Pitts has a very easy schedule along with the Chargers. Never liked Norv Turner nor am I going to start now just because the Chargers are in the weakest division EVER thanks to my beloved Raiders. He's just a coach out of left field but at the same time if there is ever a year that the Chargers are going to win the SuperBowl, this is it. They've got the team to do it and LT is highly underrated. Philly can't make it past the NFC Championships and NE is coming off of a sans Brady year. Who knows what that guy will bring for the 2009 season?

No comments:

Post a Comment