Friday, September 18, 2009

Getting you ready for the weekend


We have quite the weekend. Not only is it another amazing day for college and pro football but more importantly, it is the Jewish New Year! So Happy New Year everyone! While we are drinking wine and eating a ton of traditional Jewish food, the good news is that the college and pro football games will be playing in the background. Over/under is 5 for the amount of times my grandma/mom/aunt/anyone tells me to turn off the tv.

Last year this time when you went through the schedule for the 2009 USC season, the USC/Washington game didn't seem very interesting. But with the way Washington played against LSU (I'll admit they almost had them won and lost my money because of it) and the questions SC has coming into this weekend, this is going to be a game. USC @ -19, that's a bit much.

Random bet, pick Cal -14 and Florida to rip Lane Kiffin's panzy ass head off (-27).

Onto pro. I had a great Sunday last week, not so great Monday. The time for you to take advantage of Vegas has come and gone and it's officially an uphill battle with the lines:

Carolina +7 over Atlanta: I feel bad for Jakey Poo. Atlanta to me is a sucker bet.

Texans +6.5 over Titans: According to a good friend of mine, those games are always close. According to my favorite radio stud, that game won't be close. Since my first thought was Titans I'm going with the Texans.

Giants +3 over the Cowboys: I read that the players go through a bar before they go to the field. Cowboys will stop in the bar, the Giants will continue their amazing road play.

Vikings -9.5 over Detroit: Two words, Adrian Peterson. That guy is insane.

Packers - 9.5 over Bengals: I like to see the Bengals destruct.

Raiders +3 over Chiefs: Not only am I betting with my heart but I really think the Raiders are going to win this one. It's always a close series regardless but silver and black are going to win. I don't want to throw in the towel with them. I want to think that the game vs the Cowboys is going to be worth the trip.

Saints over Eagles: I know they played the 'haven't won in a long time' Detroit team last week and killed them but their offense is just incredible. And the Philly offense is all bandaged up.

Rams +10 over Redskins: I was reminded before I picked the Rams in my suicide bet that this game screwed over a ton of people last year.

Jets +4 over Patriots: I have faith Sanchez will be the Sanchez from last week.

Bucs +5 over Bills: That's a lot of points to give to two teams where you have no clue how good/bad they are. The games last week didn't really help me come to any conclusions. This will be close.

Jags -3.5 over Cardinals: The Cardinals are going to the east coast.

49ers -1.5 over Seahawks: This is going to be a rough, physical game. I loved the Seahawks last week but they are in San Francisco this week. They don't have that loud crowd behind them.

Steelers -3 over Bears: Cutler won't be as bad as last week but the Steelers do have an amazing defense (even without Troy). Steelers are my superbowl team and I'm sticking to it. They are just going to have to figure out some way to move the ball against another amazing defense.

Ravens +3.5 over Chargers: Chargers looked bad last week against my Raiders and the Ravens offense is considerably better than last year.

Broncos -3.5 over Browns: Browns are pitiful.

Colts -3.5 vs Dolphins: Did you see the way the Dolphins moved the ball last week? Neither did I.

Let's cross our fingers and have a great weekend.

Don't forget about baseball. Big rival series between the Dodgers and Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment