Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just when I started liking USC......


Sorry everybody (well sorry to my one reader) for the delay. There are a ton of things going on in my life right now - let's start with my brother getting married next Friday. That date seriously crept up on everybody so fast and now we are running all over the place like lunatics trying to nail down all the details. Then a few days after that wedding, I'm headed to Louisiana to visit my family AND attend the Florida/LSU football game. I'm so excited I can't even tell you. I'll have some great pictures from that trip to share - and by great I mean drunken, up to no good memories from that weekend.

Let's just start with college football and give you a little back story to why I'm thrilled with what happened this weekend. It was the day of the OSU/USC game. We went over to a good friend of mines to enjoy the game and some great company. I just want to say this now, my husband and I showed up wanting a win for the Trojans. The Trojans were a better team, I had money on them, and the whole thing between LSU and USC sharing a championship was in the past. Well, this d**khead had to run his mouth to my husband giving his speech about how the SEC is more like a Division II conference. That almost led his ass to getting thrown through the house window - and I'm not joking about that.

It is people like that who make me despise USC so much (and also getting rejected from that school 3 times). Turns out this guy likes to talk a lot of s**t to the point where he gets punched in the face and then sues for big money. If that guy isn't a douche bag then I don't know what is.

So a week later, USC is at Washington and well, we know the outcome. But what makes this super sweet is that this so called Division II conference team flew across the country and beat Washington while the high and mighty USC Trojans came up short. What a fantastic day that was and became a little richer because of it.

As far as pro football goes, the weekend was a huge let down. I did great in most of my picks - winning for the weekend. But I picked the Bengals as my team to lose and before I knew it, 120k down the drain. I'm still kicking myself because I picked 10 other games and they were all the right picks. But this one game just took it to me. So in other words, I'm going to have to make it up another way - through the good ol' bookie. I know, this is a bad goal to set.

As far as my Raiders go, their defense won - ultimately ending up in a Raider win. If I could pick up Jamarcus and throw him through a window I would. But I don't think I will even be able to pick up his pinkie toe. Colin brought up a great point on his radio show. A man that size has gone through high school and college football probably not having to put too much extra effort into his work. Everything came pretty easy to him throughout those years. Now he is trying to apply that same work ethic into his experience in the pro's and it's not working out. The men he's up against just as strong as he is and at the same time put a ton more effort into every single play. Jamarcus is still running on 'oh I don't have to do anything extra to improve my game because my size will just take over'. Nah ah. He better start working hard if he wants to last another season in football. The Raiders were lucky to win that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment