Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Yom Kippur! In a round about way.


I got totally picked on for writing about the WNBA. I was hoping the fact that I had a girl crush on another girl might intrigue people but when you think about it, Diana is probably a man and I'm back to being a simple heterosexual.

I'm about to embark on a pretty crazy weekend. Not only is it a week before my brother's wedding but I'm also looking forward to starving myself from sundown Sunday to sundown Monday - NOT. I'm going to be a good Jew though and attempt to go to temple, with my bookie. I'm going to pray real hard to release all the bad sins in me only to build up some new ones.

Onto my picks:

I'm almost giving up on college because of my horrible track record this year but I'm just going to pick Cal to cover the 7 points just to throw some college into the mix. I also wouldn't hesitate to pick the Tigers against Miss. State. Mississippi is probably the only team in the SEC that may not put up a good fight. But hey, if you're listening to me, I would pick the opposite of my college picks. You'll be rich.

As far as pro goes, I'm still trying to get over my Cincy pick. I'm over it:

Ravens -13.5 vs Browns - The Ravens are the best team in football, the Browns aren't.

Rams +7 over Packers - I still hate the Packers for F**king me over last week. They are going down (and by that I mean they are not covering the spread).

Giants -7 @ Bucs: Giants are a great road team. They proved that last week.

Lions +6.5 over Redskins: Redskins almost lost to the Rams. With a home team advantage for the Lions (and by home team I mean a few thousand fans) the Lions have a great chance of an upset.

Eagles -8.5 over Chiefs: The Eagles are all banged up but the Chiefs just plain suck. This will be a good practice for Vick which by the way, I have a feeling Vick probably dreamed of a 'best case scenario' while stuck in jail, and he's about to live it.

Saints -6 over Bills: Drew is just that good.

Flacons +4 over Patriots: A very amazing espn writer, Bill Simmons noted in his article that the only remaining 2004 players from the Patriots team are Brady, Dan Koppen, Kevin Faulk, Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork. Belichick is a great coach, but I don't think he's probably in the best shape to get out on that field and help to the full extent.

Titans +2.5 over Jets: Titans are in a must win situation. Best type of situation for gamblers.

Niners +7 over Vikings: That's a lot of points for a tremendous Bay Area team. I can understand giving those points to the other not so great Bay Area team.

Texans -3.5 over Jags: Jags are bad.

Bears -2 over Seahawks: Hasselbeck is out and the Bears will eat the birds - literally. Haven't you ever watched the Discover Channel? Or is that fish that they eat?

Bengals +4 over Steelers: Not going to make that mistake again.

Broncos -1.5 over Raiders: I hate this game. I thought about going to this game but I didn't want my Yom Kippur to start off on a bad foot. Denver continues to surprise us and Fat Ass keeps making it easy for everyone to make fun of him.

Dolphins +6 over Chargers: Dolphins are going to play it safe and cover the spread.

Colts +1.5 over Cards: Manning is a fantastic player and Warner is an old player.

Panthers +9 over Cowboys: That's a lot of points. Dogs have been covering this year.

Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment