Thursday, August 20, 2009

Three and a half games and counting


Somebody better pay me twenty bucks and fast. I'm going to put it towards buying Jonathan Broxton home delivery meals so he can drop 40/50 pounds. That guy is terrible. I understand that you are up against one of the best hitters in baseball so your first thought is to try and pitch around him, but Jonathan can't go there right now. He has lost so much confidence and at the point where he now has to go balls out. He needs to go for that big strikeout that he hasn't had in a looooooong time. He can't walk the 1st batter of the 9th inning when the score is tied. Just unacceptable.

As you can probably tell by the outcome, I watched the game. I did see the two homers from Ethier and Blake. Not putting all the fault on fatty, I also did see a man in scoring position for the better half of the ninth inning. No outs, man on first, one out man on second, two outs, man on second, three outs, man on second. Game Over!

Now just 3 1/2 games ahead of Colorardo, 4 1/2 games ahead of the Giants. The Dodgers are not playing their best baseball right now. I'd like to think they can step it up a little just cause they aren't coming through with those clutch moments they did in the first half of baseball. But now I just don't know. I think we are good just not as good as the Cardinals. They are always one step ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment